Thank you to everyone who came to see the “CUPID DELUXE" performances I did this year with a full band. There were only a select few dates and i actually can’t believe they happened. (Fucking central park?!!? wtf!?) Very dream-like.
On to the next chapter now, whatever that means. I’ll be doing odd solo performances, working out and playing new songs, some shows under the name blood orange, but probably a bunch under secret names I make up on the day, so keep an eye out.
In other news, here are some other projects i’ve been doing that you can check out.
- #EASTERNSPORTS is an installation commissioned by ICA Philadelphia with Alex Da Corte & Jayson Musson. I scored all of the music. The show runs sept 20th - dec 28th. Very proud of this! Read the Huffington Post write up on it here.
- ANCIENT CHAOS / CONCRÉTE 3 is another sound installation opening in New York in collaboration with The Principals. The music itself is part of my ongoing CONCRETE series, the first of which you can listen to here, 2nd was performed recently at my last TEDx talk, which you can listen to here. The installation opens and runs for 5 days on September 30th. On that date I will be performing music for the only time from the installation and will have a live discussion with New Yorker writer Sasha Frere Jones. RSVP here.
- I will be performing twice on October 9th in Brooklyn with a group I have put together my entire score for PALO ALTO live with the film, at BRIC HOUSE. This event is SOLD OUT.
- I created 13 Voice samples for the artist and friend Christine Sun Kim for her performance in Berlin at LEAPBerlin on saturday 27th September. For more info check out the facebook here.
I recently had the pleasure of working on songs with some very talented people.
- The song “Hours" from FKA Twigs LP1. Which i worked on with Arca, Emile Haynie & Clams Casino.
- "Want Your Feeling" for the new Jessie Ware album. Thanks for the opportunity guys!
- I also was featured on this debut Emile Haynie song featuring Charlotte Gainsbourg & Sampha.
- Not to mention this new Tinashe track from her forthcoming album.
Okay that’s it for now, i’m a workholic. Love.